Veterans and active-duty military have lots of options for free meals on Veterans Day, and plenty of the spots giving out the free thank yous are right here in the Savannah area.
Here’s a list of restaurants that are giving away freebies in honor of our country’s servicemen on Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11th. Proof of service is usually required.
- Jim & Nick’s in Bluffton – Veterans and active military receive a free pulled pork sandwich, fries and a drink for lunch on Veterans Day.
- Huddle House – Huddle House is offering a FREE MVP Breakfast Platter available to all active military members and veterans.
- Outback Steakhouse – All military veterans, active servicemen and women can enjoy a free Bloomin’ Onion and Coca-Cola.
- Chick-fil-A – Most Chick-fil-A locations will be offering free meals on Wednesday from 5-8 p.m. to any active military personnel, veterans with valid military identification and their immediate families.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Free small order or traditional or boneless wings and fries.
- Bob Evans Restaurants – Free select menu items to Veterans and Active Duty Military on Veterans Day.
- Denny’s – Veterans can build a Grand Slam breakfast from 5 am to 12 pm.
- Chili’s Grill & Bar – All veterans and active duty military personnel can choose a complimentary meal from a select menu.
- Golden Corral – from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM, Golden Corral will be giving out free dine-in meals and a beverage to any person who has ever served in the U.S. military or is on current active duty.
- IHOP – Free pancakes.
- Krispy Kreme – Free doughnut and small coffee for veterans and active military.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Free donut at Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants nationwide, no purchase necessary.
- Little Caesar’s – Free $5 Hot and Ready lunch combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Olive Garden – Free meal from a limited menu along with unlimited soup or salad and garlic breadsticks.
- Red Lobster – Free appetizer or dessert from special menu.
- Red Robin – Free Tavern Double Burger with Bottomless Steak Fries.
- Shoney’s – Shoney’s says ‘Thank You’ to America’s heroes by offering a free All You Care To Eat breakfast to all veterans and active duty military members from open – 11 am.
- Starbucks – Free tall coffee.
- Subway – Free six-inch sub with valid ID at select Subway locations.
- Texas Roadhouse – Vouchers for a free meal to all Veterans and Active Duty military will be distributed in the parking lots at Texas Roadhouse locations from 11 am to 2 pm on Veterans Day.
- Wendy’s – Veterans and active-duty military receive a free breakfast combo from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. Thursday, but hours can vary by location. A valid military ID or a Veterans Advantage card is required. The offer can be redeemed in restaurants or at the drive-thru.
- Cracker Barrel – Free slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake for veterans Thursday with a purchase in-store or online. For online orders, use promo code VETSDAY21.
- Applebee’s – For the 14th year, Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar is giving active military, veterans, Reserves and National Guard a free meal Thursday from a special menu with proof of military service.
If you know of any local Savannah restaurants offering something special for our veterans on Veterans Day, please let us know and we’ll add it to the list.
Happy Veterans Day! And a big THANK YOU to all who have served.